On June 7, FSUE Atomflot and KUZEY STAR SHIPYARD DENIZCILIK SANAYI VE TICARET ANONIM SIRKETI (Turkey) concluded a contract for the construction and supply of a floating dock with a carrying capacity of 30 thousand tons for universal nuclear icebreakers of project 22220.
“The signing of the contract is an important step in the implementation of the coastal infrastructure preparation program for servicing the universal nuclear icebreakers of project 22220,” said Mustafa Kashka, general director of FSUE Atomflot. – The Turkish shipyard has the necessary competencies and has a decent reputation in the shipbuilding market. According to the terms of the contract, construction, including the delivery of the floating dock to the port of Murmansk, will take 29 months."
The purchase was carried out at the expense of FSUE Atomflot's funds in accordance with the Unified Industry Procurement Standard of the State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom as amended by the decision of the Supervisory Board of the State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom. The value of the contract is 4.981 billion rubles.
The main dimensions are specified during design
- extreme length with crinoline - minimum 220 m
- length along the dock floor - minimum 200 m
- extreme breadth - about 48 m
- pontoon height - about 6 m
The vessel's endurance:
- for diesel fuel supply - 7 days
- for potable water supply - 7 days
- for collection of oil-contaminated water - 7 days
- for collection of waste water and domestic water - 7 days
- for garbage collection - 7 days
The crew is about 30 people.
Communication Department of FSUE Atomflot